SARS Introduces changes to filing thresholds for 2019 tax season
By stephen in Tax
Pretoria 4 June 2019 – SARS have confirmed that taxpayers who meet all of the following criteria and earn R500 000 total employment income need not file a tax return:
- They only receive employment income from ONE EMPLOYER for the full tax year
- They have no other form of INCOME (e.g. car allowance, business income, and rental income, taxable interest or income from another job)
- They don’t have any additional allowable tax related deductions to claim (e.g. medical expenses, retirement annuity contributions and travel expenses).”
- 31 October 2019 for branch filing.
- 4 December 2019 for non-provisional taxpayers who use eFiling and the MobiApp.
- 31 January 2020 for provisional taxpayers who use eFiling.
The Full pre-season press release is available here: https://www.sars.gov.za/Media/MediaReleases/Pages/4-May-2019—Tax-season-2019-.aspx
For help with your return click HERE